The Welsh Government is seeking to make improvements to the Local Development Plan (LDP) process and have published the Consultation on Local Development Plans Process Review. The consultation addresses revisions of current LDP guidance documents and secondary legislation. The documents and legislation consulated on are:
- Planning Policy Wales, 2014 (Ch2: Development Plans)
- Local Development Plans Wales, 2005
- Local Development Plan Manual, 2006
- The Town and Country Planning (Local Development Plan) (Wales) Regulations 2005
- Building on good practice, experience and lessons learnt to ensure a more efficient and effective process, we are proposing to take forward all the key outcomes from the LDP Process Refinement Exercise: Report 2013.
This consultation is separate to the ongoing Planning (Wales) Bill and does not cover primary legislative matters.
Date: 01/10/2014 Start of consultation
02/01/2015 End of consultation
Author: Welsh Government
DCP link: This item updates DCP section 4.233