The school occupied a grade II listed building and a timber fence stretched either side of an entrance protected by gates. The fence was not physically attached to the school and was unlikely to have been in place in 1948, the inspector reasoned. Consequently, it did not form a curtilage structure to the listed building and its demolition did not require permission. Proposed replacement railings did not require consent either as they were not attached to the school building, he opined.
DCS Number 100-069-642
Inspector David Nicholson; Written representations