Campaigners have launched judicial review proceedings against the Department for Transport's (DfT's) latest roads investment strategy, claiming the the document breaches the government's own commitments to tackle global warming and reduce air pollution.
Transport secretary Grant Shapps has granted consent for a new dual carriageway on green belt land on the edge of Birmingham as part of an upgrade to junction six of the M42, after concluding that the project would help improve access to the city's airport and support the development of a new High Speed Two (HS2) train station.
HS2 Ltd, the government-owned company tasked with delivering the High Speed Two (HS2) rail project, has secured planning approval for its plans to build a 14 platform railway station at Old Oak Common in west London.
With news that a third runway at Heathrow is being delayed, pretty much all the country's largest infrastructure projects are having problems of one sort or another.
Heathrow Airport Ltd launched a statutory consultation on 18 June on its proposals to build a third runway and associated infrastructure. It is called "statutory" because it is required under the Planning Act 2008, which created the consenting system for nationally significant infrastructure projects, before an application can be made.
Headlines earlier this month such as 'Heathrow third runway gets go-ahead from Chris Grayling' (Guardian) and 'Heathrow expansion gets green light from government as transport secretary Chris Grayling hails "historic moment"' (City AM) may have given you the impression that construction was now able to start on the new runway.
The government has taken an important step by publishing its airports national policy statement (NPS), supporting the construction of a third runway at Heathrow.
- Planning Officers x 4 City of London London (Greater)
- Principal Planning Officer (Major Projects/ Sustainability) City of London London (Greater)
- Planning Enforcement and Compliance Monitoring Officer Ebbsfleet Development Corporation Ebbsfleet Valley, Dartford
- Project Delivery Manager Chesterfield Borough Council Chesterfield, Derbyshire
- Planning Policy Manager Stevenage Borough Council Stevenage, Hertfordshire
- Planning Officer - Major Projects North Norfolk District Council Norfolk
- Senior Planning Officers North Norfolk District Council Cromer, Norfolk
- Senior Infrastructure Planner Dartford Borough Council Dartford, Kent
- Planning Policy Manager Mole Valley District Council Dorking, Surrey
- Principal Regeneration Officer Pembrokeshire County Council County Hall, Haverfordwest