The Planning Inspectorate has accepted a development consent order application to reopen a Kent airport as an air freight hub, contrary to rival plans for 2,500 homes on the site being progressed by its owner.
A campaign group has launched a legal challenge against the Department for Transport (DfT) over Stansted Airport's plans to increase passenger numbers by almost a quarter to 43 million per year.
A total of six applications have been lodged at the High Court to overturn the government's Airports National Planning Policy Statement (NPS), after environmental charity Friends of the Earth announced that it has launched a legal bid against the document.
Headlines earlier this month such as 'Heathrow third runway gets go-ahead from Chris Grayling' (Guardian) and 'Heathrow expansion gets green light from government as transport secretary Chris Grayling hails "historic moment"' (City AM) may have given you the impression that construction was now able to start on the new runway.
The government has taken an important step by publishing its airports national policy statement (NPS), supporting the construction of a third runway at Heathrow.
It looks like 2017 is going to be a turbulent year as decisions taken in 2016 come to fruition, but is there any certainty in nationally significant infrastructure projects (NSIPs) coming forwards?
This week's announcement that the government will support a third runway at Heathrow airport signals that, although there has been a slowdown in infrastructure projects, those that are coming forward are getting bigger.
- Town Planners with 5+ years’ experience | N. Birmingham | Accessible location Lewis Davey North Birmingham, West Midlands
- Planning Consultant | Oxfordshire | £35,000 - £60,000 Lewis Davey South Oxfordshire
- Major Projects Planner Bassetlaw District Council Worksop, Nottinghamshire
- Planning Development Manager Bassetlaw District Council Nottinghamshire
- Northern Arc Strategic Development Manager Mid Sussex District Council Haywards Heath, West Sussex