The government has committed to producing a study on any "likely environmental effects" of a new inland border facility in Kent, despite work on the scheme already being underway, a consultation on the creation of six such schemes across England has revealed.
Ports will be given the same permitted development rights as airports by April next year and the use of local development orders (LDOs) in such facilities will be "encouraged", the government has announced in a consultation response on its freeports initiative.
Plans for a new eco-friendly High Speed Two (HS2) station in Solihull have been approved, despite concerns about the scheme's potential impact on a nearby regeneration scheme and on lighting levels in the area.
With news that a third runway at Heathrow is being delayed, pretty much all the country's largest infrastructure projects are having problems of one sort or another.
Heathrow Airport Ltd launched a statutory consultation on 18 June on its proposals to build a third runway and associated infrastructure. It is called "statutory" because it is required under the Planning Act 2008, which created the consenting system for nationally significant infrastructure projects, before an application can be made.
Headlines earlier this month such as 'Heathrow third runway gets go-ahead from Chris Grayling' (Guardian) and 'Heathrow expansion gets green light from government as transport secretary Chris Grayling hails "historic moment"' (City AM) may have given you the impression that construction was now able to start on the new runway.
The government has taken an important step by publishing its airports national policy statement (NPS), supporting the construction of a third runway at Heathrow.
- Planning Officer Elmbridge Borough Council Esher, Surrey
- Various Planning Roles Folkestone & Hythe District Council Folkestone, Kent
- Urban Design Officer London Borough of Bromley Bromley (City/Town), London (Greater)
- X2 Senior/Principal Enforcement Officers - OUTSIDE IR35 Vivid Resourcing Gloucestershire
- Senior Planner – Development Manager Medway Council Gun Wharf, Dock Road, Chatham, Kent, ME4 4TR
- Planner Policy & DM Medway Council Gun Wharf, Dock Road, Chatham, Kent, ME4 4TR
- Assistant Director - Growth & Housing Wigan Council Wigan, Greater Manchester
- Town Planners Pegasus Planning Group Limited BIRMINGHAM | CIRENCESTER | NEWCASTLE
- Senior Planner Green Planning Studio Limited Shrewsbury, Shropshire
- Associate Director (Planning) Green Planning Studio Limited Shrewsbury, Shropshire