A private car park operating without planning permission in the green belt near Heathrow Airport will have to close after a judge agreed with an inspector that there were no 'very special circumstances' to justify the development.
The Planning Inspectorate has accepted a development consent order application to reopen a Kent airport as an air freight hub, contrary to rival plans for 2,500 homes on the site being progressed by its owner.
A campaign group has launched a legal challenge against the Department for Transport (DfT) over Stansted Airport's plans to increase passenger numbers by almost a quarter to 43 million per year.
Headlines earlier this month such as 'Heathrow third runway gets go-ahead from Chris Grayling' (Guardian) and 'Heathrow expansion gets green light from government as transport secretary Chris Grayling hails "historic moment"' (City AM) may have given you the impression that construction was now able to start on the new runway.
The government has taken an important step by publishing its airports national policy statement (NPS), supporting the construction of a third runway at Heathrow.
It looks like 2017 is going to be a turbulent year as decisions taken in 2016 come to fruition, but is there any certainty in nationally significant infrastructure projects (NSIPs) coming forwards?
This week's announcement that the government will support a third runway at Heathrow airport signals that, although there has been a slowdown in infrastructure projects, those that are coming forward are getting bigger.
- Planning Compliance Team Leader - Trafford, Greater Manchester Trafford Council Trafford, Greater Manchester
- Delivery Planner - Midlands Canal & River Trust Birmingham or Hatton (Warwick)
- Planning Officer énergie Fitness Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
- Experienced Town Planner | 4+ years' experience | Southampton Lewis Davey Southampton, Hampshire
- Senior Planner Adlington SK8 1PF, Cheadle