The Planning brand
Planning is the essential information resource for town planning professionals in the UK, providing the latest impartial and in-depth news, analysis, planning appeals, policy and legislation and the latest jobs. Our experienced editorial team focuses on the issues that matter most to the planning sector, leading and influencing key debates. Planning aims to be independent, agenda setting, comprehensive, expert and impartial.
PlanningResource.co.uk brings together information from across Haymarket Media Group’s built environment team including Planning, Development Control Practice and
COMPASS appeals database. Updated daily, the site provides planning professionals with essential news, analysis, appeals, policy, data and reference guides. Users can monitor the latest updates from local authorities regarding CIL, local and neighbourhood plans, making the website the ultimate research tool.
Quarterly Planning Magazine
The Planning quarterly magazine provides you with greater depth of insight, analysis and high-value data, in collaboration with our sister businesses, DCP and COMPASS. It gets you to the heart of the planning industry and explains what you need to know. The first of these was the Autumn 2020 edition. Each issue includes:
- a preview of key developments in the sector expected in the next three months, and analysis of their implications
- high-value Insight Reports, based on exclusive data from research by Planning, DCP and COMPASS
- a summary of all the most important news, decisions, new policy and legislation, local plan progress and permissions from the previous three months.
Monthly Special Reports
Our series of digital special reports provide exclusive data insights, expert briefings on the implications of new policy and legislation and highlight good practice. These reports support your work throughout the year, keeping you ahead of any changes and motivated for your next project. Each edition covers a special topic including Planning Award winners, the implications of the planning white paper, government planning and infrastructure funding and the planning recruitment market.
Planning Appeals and Legal Casebook
Each month we produce a digital edition of Planning’s Appeals and Legal Casebooks in PDF format for easy download and printing. It keeps you up-to-date and assured that you have the right information for success. Each issue includes:
- Key ministerial and inspector's decisions summarised
- The latest court cases summarised
- Expert commentary on appeal and court decisions of particular significance
- Development management questions from Planning readers answered
PlanningJobs brings together the widest range of jobs within the sector from public sector officers to town planners, be it nationwide, overseas or in specific UK regions.
Looking to position your brand as an exciting place to work? Visit Wonderful Workplaces
Bulletins from PlanningResource
With 14 to select from, bulletins are an easy and convenient way to have information sent
directly to you. You can opt to receive daily news on all the developments across the
planning sector, currently sent to over 15,000 professionals. Alternatively, receive sector
specific weekly news such as Development Management, received by over 11,000 readers. You can also sign up to specialist bulletins based on your key area, such as Housing (with over 1,600 readers) or track specific activity within local authorities such as
receiving updates on their Community Infrastructure Levy plans.
For a full list of bulletins click here .
Advertise with us
For advertising queries or to make a booking on our editorial sites, please call the sales team on 020 8267 4967 .
For subscription queries, please call the customer service team on 020 8267 4524 .
If you have an editorial query about Planning features or an idea for a feature or interview, please contact editor Richard Garlick at firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Senior Planning Enforcement Officer London Borough of Richmond London
- Planning Enforcement Manager London Borough of Bexley Bexley (City/Town), London (Greater)
- Principal Planning Officer Chorley Borough Council Chorley, Lancashire
- Team Leader - Plan Making and Infrastructure – Spatial Planning Ashford Borough Council Ashford, Kent
- Registration Team Leader South Oxfordshire District Council & Vale of White Horse District Council Didcot, Oxfordshire
- Senior Planner / Principal Planner Whaleback Hove, East Sussex
- CIL Officer - URGENT Vivid Resourcing Homeworking
- Senior Planner – Development Management Medway Council Medway Council, Gun Wharf, Dock Road, Chatham, Kent ME4 4TR
- Specialist Advisor – Conservation Lewes District and Eastbourne Borough Councils Eastbourne & Lewes
- Associate Planner / Director with Energy Sector experience (UK wide) Pegasus Group. Bristol, Cirencester and Leeds