News and in-depth analysis of urban regeneration for town planners, including physical regeneration, community renewal and economic development.
Sign up for the Regeneration & Economic Development email news bulletin from Regen.net.Page Title RSS feed
Plans have been submitted for 756-home development, including a 40-storey tower, on the northern edge of Manchester city centre.
The mayor of London's strategic planning chief has been put in charge of a new team to drive the regeneration of the Old Kent Road area in the south east of the capital.
A Supreme Court ruling last month demonstrates the complexities of compulsory purchase law. The court unpicked a 2015 Court of Appeal ruling overturning an Upper Tribunal decision on compensation for land in Rochdale acquired as part of a larger development scheme. It found that the Court of Appeal misapplied section 6 of the Land Compensation Act 1961.
The government's recently published Estate Regeneration Strategy and Good Practice Guide is a fascinating melange of ideology and experience.
Ever since former London mayor Boris Johnson set up Old Oak and Park Royal Development Corporation (OPDC) last year, the body has been touting its scheme as the UK's largest regeneration project.
- Director of Planning- Manchester Peter Brett Associates Greater Manchester
- Planning Officer- Strategic Planner Southend-on-Sea Borough Council Southend-on-Sea
- Senior Infrastructure Planner - Thames Tideway Tunnel Macdonald & Co London (Central), London (Greater)
- Principal Planner - Development Management Osborne Richardson South West London
- Senior Planner - Development Management Osborne Richardson Lambeth