News and in-depth analysis of urban regeneration for town planners, including physical regeneration, community renewal and economic development.
Sign up for the Regeneration & Economic Development email news bulletin from Regen.net.Page Title RSS feed
A hybrid planning application has been submitted for up to 489 homes which would form the initial phases of a 1,400-home regeneration project at Rochester in Kent.
Plans have been revealed for a new 12,500-seat entertainment arena, conference and exhibition centre on a four-hectare brownfield site on the banks of the River Tyne at Gateshead.
The worst of a few has brought out the best in many. As stories of bravery and self-sacrifice in the teeth of the terrorist attacks in London emerge, so the tribute candles flicker, flowers wilt, all are cleared and life goes on. As, of course, it must.
It's now nearly two decades since architect Richard Rogers started the study that produced the concept of urban renaissance.
I recently watched two films with placemaking themes. The first was Citizen Jane, the story of community activist Jane Jacobs' successful 1960s campaign against New York city planner Robert Moses' proposals for the destruction of Manhattan through large-scale demolition. The second, A Moving Image, based on the Reclaim the Streets protests in Brixton in 1998, asked intelligent questions about gentrification.
- BUILDINGS FOR MISSION SECRETARY The Church of England Diocese of Durham Durham (City/Town)
- Urban Designer Plymouth City Council Plymouth, Devon
- Planning Officer Plymouth City Council Plymouth, Devon
- Planning Compliance Officer Plymouth City Council Plymouth, Devon
- Principal Planner (Career Grade) Islington Council Islington, London (Greater)