Working Together To Meet Housing Targets By 2020
Join us in June to debate how the public and private sectors can work together to deliver housing targets on surplus public sector land and boost local and national growth.
Government departments are committed to releasing enough public land to develop 160,000 new homes in order to help contribute to the million homes to be built in England by 2020. Therefore surplus public land offers a huge potential for development and regeneration opportunities around the country.
This inaugural conference will bring together senior planning, regeneration and economic development professionals from across the nation, to explore the practical challenges associated with securing public land for development. We will discuss how the industry can work in partnership with officials in order to make the most of these opportunities.
- Opening address from Joanna Key, Head of Land and Housing Delivery, Department for Communities and Local Government on the government’s intentions and expectations when it comes to disposing of public land to deliver more homes
- Understand central government and public sector land disposal strategies and how they intend to help deliver more homes on public land
- Explore and debate the main challenges pertaining to the release process , and how the public and private sectors can work together to deliver housing aspirations
- Learn from replicable case studies around the country, where housing was successfully delivered on public land, and make your own practical assessment
- Gain useful insight into what makes public land viable for mainstream as well as affordable housing in an era of Starter Homes
- Benefit from a focused session on land commissions and how they can accelerate public land release for developments in different parts of the country
- PLUS! Make the most of networking opportunities at the conference, and take part in roundtable discussions to share best-practice on public land release with fellow practitioners
THIS EVENT IS:
Get up to 7 CPD points
Proudly sponsored by:
"Well balanced and addresses some of the key issues facing planning professionals"
Head of Development Planning - Plymouth City Council
"High profile and fast moving"
Residential Director - Turley Associates
"Good mix of delegates and differing viewpoints"
Head of Strategy - The Planning Inspectorate
"Excellent cross-pollination between different areas of planning"
Barrister - Cornerstone Barristers
“Clarity on our current delivery challenges”
Head of Planning - Lincolnshire County Council