News & information for and about planning consultants, including the Planning Consultancy Survey, offering unique insight into firms' performance and capacity as well as developing market trends and the Guide to Planning Consultants, a directory of consultancies with a detailed breakdown of specialist services.
Despite uncertainty following the Brexit vote, consultants predict continued high growth in demand for advice in some sectors in the year ahead. John Geoghegan reports.
Consultancies have seen further growth in staff numbers in the past year and are looking forward to hiring more in 2017. John Geoghegan and Mark Wilding report.
Consultancies reveal a continued rise in income figures this year, with familiar names leading the table of highest earners. John Geoghegan and Mark Wilding report.
How the leading consultants have waxed and waned since our first survey appeared in 1997.
Twenty years ago, when we published the first edition of the Planning Consultancy Survey, the firm that topped the leading employers' table was Grimley, with a staff of 40 chartered town planners.
- Principal Urban Design Officer (Development Management and Strategic Planning) London Borough of Sutton Carshalton, Sutton
- Senior Planners and Consultants Tyler Parkes Predominantly in the West Midlands but also nationally
- Senior Planning Enforcement Officer London Borough of Sutton Location - Environment, Housing and Regeneration Offices, 24 Denmark Road, Carshalton, Surrey, SM5 2JG
- Planning Director Jane Pye Associates Buckinghamshire
- Senior Planner Pegasus East Midlands Region
The Planning Consultancy Services Guide 2016/17
Planning Consultancy Services 2016/17 helps guide public, private and third sector participants through the plethora of sources of advice available from large and small planning advisers. The directory has developed into the established reference guide to this sector of the profession since it was first published in 2004. Download the guide here.