Further permitted development change mooted The government will consult on relaxations for change of use from retail use (A1) to restaurant use (A3) and from retail use to assembly and leisure uses (D2).
Jo Negrini is set to become the London Borough of Croydon's next executive director of development and environment.
Treasury plans to launch a pilot scheme to directly pay individual households to ensure they benefit from developments in their local area could raise bribery concerns and may result in nominal payments that do little to dampen local objection, experts have warned.
- Project Manager – Business Infrastructure Scottish Enterprise Aberdeen
- Development Control Officer (DS27) Welsh Water Linea (St. Mellons, Cardiff)
- Senior Planning Officer/Development Control Macdonald & Co Cambridgeshire
- Planner Lambert & Foster Paddock Wood
- Planning Manager (Maternity Cover) David Wilson Homes Northampton
The past year has seen a swathe of planning developments, including changes to green belt policies, office to home conversions going ahead without planning permission and questions over HS2. Catherine Early looks at the highlights.
Obesity and the Environment: Regulating the Growth of Fast Food Outlets
New conservation zones have implications for planning authorities in English coastal regions, Steve Hull explains
Planners in Essex have put together a fast-track consent regime for a key commercial venture. John Geoghegan reports.
Earlier this year, planning minister Nick Boles warned he would "shoot" anyone who approached him with new ideas for changing the planning system.
It is now two and a half years - half a parliamentary term - since the March 2011 budget launched the government's Plan for Growth.
Here's a tale of two garden cities (or new towns, as some prefer).
- Tue 1 Apr 2014
- ILEC Conference Centre, London
- Sat 4 Jan 2014 - Sun 5 Jan 2014
- Stamford Court Conference Centre and John Foster Hall University of Leicester University Road Leicester LE1 9QD
- Wed 15 Jan 2014
- Friends House 173 Euston Road London NW1 2AX
- Thu 16 Jan 2014
- Cardiff University Room 1.75 Glamorgan Building King Edward VII Avenue Cardiff CF10 3WA
- Thu 16 Jan 2014 - Fri 17 Jan 2014
- Manchester School of Architecture