The last fortnight's five most popular stories on PlanningResource.co.uk
Nick Boles has told a Tory party conference fringe event to 'shoot me' if he is still planning minister after the next general election.7 comments
A council in Surrey is set to withdraw its key planning document after carrying out a study that indicated it would have to 'significantly' raise its proposed annual housebuilding target.
A council has complained of 'corporate bullying' after three housebuilders threatened a judicial review over a neighbourhood plan that recently passed examination.
The communities secretary has approved a mixed-use scheme in east London, ruling that the council's expectation for affordable housing provision to be provided by the development was 'unrealistic'.
More should be done to encourage small and medium-sized construction firms to enter the housing market, but this should not be done at the expense of securing developer contributions for local services, infrastructure or affordable housing, a House of Commons committee report has recommended.
The Department for Communities and Local Government (DCLG) shows a 'lack of ambition' on meeting housing need, a report by the public spending watchdog has said.
The Neighbourhood Planning Bill was among a group of 22 bills to receive Royal Assent yesterday evening ahead of the dissolution of Parliament next week.
London mayor Sadiq Khan has said he will not provide the financial guarantees required to allow work to begin on the controversial 'Garden Bridge' project, casting the future of the project into doubt.
The High Court has upheld a secretary of state decision to refuse plans for a strategic rail freight interchange in the green belt near Slough, despite a judge ruling that a planning inspector had misinterpreted green belt policy.
- Principal Planning Officer Mendip District Council Shepton Mallet, Somerset
- Senior Planning Officer (Enforcement) (007432) - External Stoke-on-Trent City Council Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire
- Principal Planning Officer (Development Management) Bracknell Forest Borough Council Bracknell, Berkshire
- Senior Planners RPS Abingdon, Bristol & Leeds
- Senior Planning Officer (Enforcement) Newcastle-under-Lyme Borough Council Newcastle-under-Lyme, Staffordshire