In This Issue
In the Latest Issue: 1 Nov - 15 Nov
- Register to keep getting your magazine FREE here.
- Cause for celebration? Pub ruling reinforces status of community asset listings.
- Planners helping the high street: Woking Borough Council's Jeni Jackson and others on how they have responded to the rise in online and out-of-town shopping.
- How We Did It: How an East London enforcement team deals with illegal occupation in the private sector.
- Sir Peter Hall: Beware the rise of meritocracy
- Diary: Boles calls for "monstering" charter
- Plus, Alex Morton, "The idea that we need more planning control to improve design quality is simply wrong".
Local consultation and cooperation has brought a 416 home development to fruition in the South Downs. David Dewar reports.
Another tough year is expected for local authority planning teams who face declining budgets and staff numbers. How will planning chiefs make the most of scarce resources, asks David Dewar.
The new year looks set to see further far-reaching changes to the planning system, with a series of new policies and laws promised by government. Bryan Johnston looks ahead.
Want to know whether your local authority has published Community Infrastructure Levy proposals? Our live table includes the latest details of councils' levy plans, including a breakdown of charges by development type.