In This Issue
In the Latest Issue: 1 Nov - 15 Nov
- Register to keep getting your magazine FREE here.
- Cause for celebration? Pub ruling reinforces status of community asset listings.
- Planners helping the high street: Woking Borough Council's Jeni Jackson and others on how they have responded to the rise in online and out-of-town shopping.
- How We Did It: How an East London enforcement team deals with illegal occupation in the private sector.
- Sir Peter Hall: Beware the rise of meritocracy
- Diary: Boles calls for "monstering" charter
- Plus, Alex Morton, "The idea that we need more planning control to improve design quality is simply wrong".
The government has now confirmed 24 garden cities, towns and villages. But what support is it offering and how are these schemes progressing on the ground, Rob Smith asks.
He is not yet a year into the job, but planning minister Gavin Barwell's continued occupation of the role has been thrown into doubt by next month's general election. Joey Gardiner looks at his impact so far and what a possible departure could mean.
A Hertfordshire council has succeeded in boosting the recruitment and retention of planning staff, reports David Dewar.
Technological innovations that are already having a dramatic impact on our daily lives are set to have a major effect on planning, says Euan Mills.
- Principal Urban Design Officer (Development Management and Strategic Planning) London Borough of Sutton Carshalton, Sutton
- Senior Planners and Consultants Tyler Parkes Predominantly in the West Midlands but also nationally
- Senior Planning Enforcement Officer London Borough of Sutton Location - Environment, Housing and Regeneration Offices, 24 Denmark Road, Carshalton, Surrey, SM5 2JG
- Planning Director Jane Pye Associates Buckinghamshire
- Senior Planner Pegasus East Midlands Region