In This Issue
In the Latest Issue: 1 Nov - 15 Nov
- Register to keep getting your magazine FREE here.
- Cause for celebration? Pub ruling reinforces status of community asset listings.
- Planners helping the high street: Woking Borough Council's Jeni Jackson and others on how they have responded to the rise in online and out-of-town shopping.
- How We Did It: How an East London enforcement team deals with illegal occupation in the private sector.
- Sir Peter Hall: Beware the rise of meritocracy
- Diary: Boles calls for "monstering" charter
- Plus, Alex Morton, "The idea that we need more planning control to improve design quality is simply wrong".
An energy firm worked with Natural England to protect sensitive Dorset downland by relocating a solar farm. David Dewar reports.
We lack effective methods of capturing land value increases created by planning permission and public investment, says Paul Cheshire. But there are potential solutions.
Planners have an important contribution to make in response to the government's industrial strategy, says David Marlow.
Gathering extensive data was vital in setting a policy to improve public health in an inner London borough. David Dewar reports.
- Group Manager Planning and Building Control Southend-on-Sea Borough Council Southend, Southend-on-Sea
- Planning Technician/Assistant Planning Officer/Planning Officer Hastings Borough Council Hastings, East Sussex
- Principal Town Planner – Bristol Allen & York Ltd Bristol
- Business Unit Leader for Planning Policy and Economy Mid Sussex District Council Haywards Heath, West Sussex
- RTPI Planner / Strategic Planner Persimmon Homes Witham, Essex