All the latest on the government's Localism Act
Latest Localism Act News
- New DCLG line-up takes shape
- Examiner: pioneering plan should not proceed to referendum
- Duty to cooperate puts council under scrutiny
- Localism Bill receives Royal Assent
- Rossendale councillors agree to adopt core strategy
- Government considers handing planning cash to communities
- Localism Bill: MPs accept all Lords amendments
- Exclusive - Survey: reforms mean hike in appeals
- Existing tools can be used instead of referendums
- Localism Bill referendum provisions dropped
- Local forum aims amended in bill
- Neighbourhood poll plan sparks warning
- Neighbourhood forums set to miss out on slice of levy
- RTPI calls for NPPF sustainable development definition
- Government amendment bids to ease local finance clause fears
- No time limit for neighbourhood forum designation
- Localism Bill carbon emissions amendment tabled
- CIL consultation proposes neighbourhood funding cap
- Community groups to get neighbourhood planning cash
- Ministers bid to ease fears over business role in neighbourhood plans
Adam Branson discovers how Sir Michael Pitt intends to bring together the Planning Inspectorate and the Infrastructure Planning Commission.
Last month, the Government chose 17 communities to trial new neighbourhood plans. But an unemployed urban designer in east London is already halfway through creating such a document, reports Adam Branson
For more than 30 years, Tony Gibson has been encouraging communities to take control of planning. The localism agenda means his ideas are back in vogue, says Adam Branson
DCLG ministers Bob Neill and Greg Clark on why they won't tone down localism
Audio and video from Planning
Clark: This is a new settlement for planning Video: The decentralisation minister backs the Localism Bill's controversial Clause 124 on the sidelines of the Planning Convention 2011
Tony Burton: Localism Bill goes too far Video: Amendments to the Government's flagship legislation are putting too much of an emphasis on business, says Civic Voice's director
DCLG's McCarthy urges councils to put local plans in place Video: The civil servant in charge of the Government's Localism Bill talks to Planning about the need for councils to have a local plan in place if they want to retain control of development.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Senior Town Planner Stride Treglown Limited Please write to us with your salary expectations.We offer a comprehensive benefits package., Clifton, Bristol
- Planning Manager (Fixed term 6-9 months maternity cover) Sport England £33,256 p.a. plus generous benefits, Bisham Abbey, Buckinghamshire
- Contract Opportunity to lead a small/med sized planning team (maternity cover arrangment - London) Beach Baker Property Recruitment £On experience but circa £65k, London
- Policy Officer - fixed term for 2 years Shropshire Council Grade 7-10 (scp 22-32) £18,747 - £25,847, Based at Shirehall, Shrewsbury, Shropshire
- Planning Director Macdonald & Co £65,000 pro rata per annum, London
- Senior Development Control Officer Matchtech £18 - £24 per hour, Worcestershire
- Strategic Land Planner Beach Baker Property Recruitment £Dependent on experience, London
- Assistant Planner/Planner (Cambridgeshire) Beach Baker Property Recruitment £Dependent on experience , Cambridgeshire
- Senior Planner (Midlands) Beach Baker Property Recruitment £Competitive + Benefits/Bonus, West Midlands
- Town Planners - London x4 Cobalt Recruitment £28000 - £33000 per annum, London
News from Windpower Offshore
News about renewable energy developments from one of our sister sites, www.windpoweroffshore.com.
Carbon Trust launches 66kV cable competition
The Carbon Trust's Offshore Wind Accelerator (OWA) has launched a competition to support the...
Gargano Sud opts for Siemens 4.0MW turbines
The developer of Gargano Sud, planned for a site off Apulia, south-east Italy, intends...
Vessels ready for WoDS foundations installation
A2Sea's Sea Installer arrived in Belfast this morning, after a three-day voyage from Rotterdam....
CWind adds 12 to turbine technicians team
CWind has added a dozen turbine technicians to its headcount. The Colchester-based offshore wind...
Offshore renewables institute launched in Dundee
The Scottish city of Dundee will host an Offshore Renewables Institute offering consultancy and...