The extensions to permitted development rights formally introduced by the government last week are being implemented in the face of overwhelming opposition.
In This issue
17 May - 31 May
More from the current issue
Housing continues to climb the political agenda, as does UKIP. One of UKIP's weapons is local planning issues.
Proactive planning has a critical part to play in improving the quality of England's public realm, says the architect and planner asked by the government to review built environment policy.
From this month, business-led Local Enterprise Partnerships will be given funding to draw up sub-regional growth plans. How will these fit into the planning system, asks John Geoghegan.
Hearing the May local election results, Sherlock Holmes would immediately have ordered a cab.
The Growth and Infrastructure Act, given royal assent last week, weakens local planning authority power in several ways.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- SENIOR PUBLIC POLICY ADVISOR Falkland Islands Government £35,375 and £44,729 per annum , Falklands Islands
- Planning Officer x 2 Maidstone Borough Council £26,412 - £32,143, Maidstone
- Senior/Principal DC planner Randstad Negotiable, East of England
- Design and Conservation Officers Westminster City Council £30,345 - £31,935 (pro rata) pa, Westminster City Council
- Area Urban Design and Conservation Officer Westminster City Council £42,258 pa, Westminster City Council
- Head of Design and Conservation Westminster City Council £60,714 - £64,248 pa, Westminster City Council
- Policy officer Randstad £18 - £23 per hour, South West England
- Senior DC planner Randstad £27 - £32 per hour, South East England
- PLANNING MANAGER (maternity cover) Peak District National Park Authority £33,661, Based at Bakewell in the heart of the Peak District
- AONB Planning Officer Cornwall Council £26,114 - £32,800 per year, Truro
News from Windpower Offshore
News about renewable energy developments from one of our sister sites, www.windpoweroffshore.com.
West of Duddon Sands substation installed
The substation for West of Duddon Sands (WoDS) has been installed. Fabricated earlier this...
Carbon Trust launches wakes effects measurement campaign
The Carbon Trust has unveiled a new research project aimed at cutting the cost...
German TSO warns of €1bn/year 'cable-idling' costs
German transmission system operator Tennet has warned that offshore wind commissioning is lagging behind...
Trump files EOWDC legal challenge
Donald Trump has filed a legal challenge against the planned European Offshore Wind Deployment...
Shipping companies eye Swedish offshore wind growth
Denmark's Blue Water Shipping and Sweden's Gillis Shipping are to co-operate on tapping the...