Three law firms - two of them among the UK's most highly rated for planning expertise - have announced that they are to merge, creating the nation's sixth largest legal specialist.
The planning system has 'held its own and remains ready' with average decision-making times and approval rates for major applications remaining broadly static, an annual planning survey has found.
Simon Ricketts, the top-rated solicitor in Planning's 2016 Law Survey, is to leave his full-time role at law firm King & Wood Mallesons (KWM) to set up a partnership with partners from two other prominent planning solicitors and Mary Cook of Cornerstone Barristers, the top-rated junior barrister in last year's survey.
- Lead Advisor, Cities Programme Design Council London
- Planning Assistant Wirral Council Wallasey Town Hall, Brighton Street, Wallasey, Merseyside, CH44 8ED
- Graduate Town Planner Allen & York Ltd Portsmouth, Hampshire
- 2 x Planning Officer Horsham District Council Horsham, West Sussex
- Principal Planning Officer – Projects Horsham District Council Horsham, West Sussex
Click through for your essential guide to informative, authoritative and effective planning advice.
Berwin Leighton Paisner (BLP) has held on to top place in Planning's annual review of the most highly regarded law firms working in the planning field.
For the first time, Planning has produced a list of the 100 most influential people in the sector.
After four years of doom and gloom, planning consultancies appear noticeably more optimistic about prospects for the year ahead, says Bryan Johnston.