1. Join James Murray, Deputy Mayor of London for Housing & Residential Development, who will provide an update on the London Plan and how the Mayor aims to pursue ‘design- led-density’.
2. Understand the key factors affecting viability of high density development. Swan Housing Association development director Andy Gatrell will explain how his organisation will viably deliver almost 50% aff ordable housing at the 1500 home Blackwall Reach scheme.
3. Understand how housing schemes can be brought forward on strategic employment land by co-locating them with commercial uses. Barratt London Head of Planning Martin Scholar will share his experience of gaining consent for 1,386 homes alongside 22,663 square metres of industrial fl oorspace on the former Nestle factory site in west London.
4. Discover innovative approaches to creating high density neighbourhoods. Brent Council head of planning Alice Lester will talk about how her borough is delivering 2,400 new homes, alongside new and improved community infrastructure, through the award-winning high density regeneration of the South Kilburn Estate.
5. Understand the key criteria for local authorities when assessing high density schemes’ design quality and the best ways of demonstrating that you meet those requirements. Greater London Authority strategic planning manager Colin Wilson, who has been seconded to head the team that will steer the planning of 20,000 homes in the Old Kent Road area, will share his approach to high density schemes.
6. Gain best practice advice on winning local and political backing for high density schemes. The Chief Executive of the resident-led Manor House Development Trust Simon Donovan will share lessons learnt from the 5,561 home regeneration of the Woodberry Down estate in north east London, where the trust has worked alongside Berkeley Homes, Hackney Council, Genesis Housing Association and others.
For more information and to book your place, click here.