The awards, run by Planning in conjunction with PlacemakingResource, reward excellence in planning, placemaking and economic development.
They recognise outstanding work by councils, consultants, developers, lawyers, voluntary groups and other key players in the UK planning system. The awards team are seeking submissions across 25 categories, covering both planning and placemaking. All entries must relate to work either carried out or completed since 1 October 2016.
The 2018 awards ceremony will take place on 6 June 2018 at Savoy Place in central London, which overlooks the River Thames.
The deadline for entries for the 2018 Planning Awards is Friday 9 February.
For more details and to book your place, click here.
- Award for plan-making
- Award for neighbourhood planning
- Award for infrastructure planning
- NEW Award for planning for increased housing delivery
- NEW Award for planning for affordable housing
- NEW Award for planning for the natural environment
- NEW Award for use of new technology in planning
- Planning law firm of the year
- Planning consultancy of the Year
- Local authority planning team of the year
- Planning permission of the year
- Award for stakeholder engagement in planning
- Award for design excellence
- Award for best housing scheme (fewer than 500 homes)
- Award for best housing scheme (500 homes or more)
- Award for promoting economic growth
- Award for best use of arts, culture or sport in placemaking
- Award for best use of heritage in placemaking
- Award for partnership working
- Award for regeneration
- Award for mixed use development
- Award for community-led placemaking
- Best use of publicly-owned land and/or property in placemaking
- Best use of brownfield land in placemaking
- NEW Award for excellence in placemaking at high densities