Some users of the COMPASS Online service may find that when they are trying to download appeal decisions that no PDF appears. This is generally caused by security settings in their internet browser software blocking the download of the file. To see how to change these settings to allow you to download appeals from COMPASS Online see the video below or alternatively follow the step-by-step instructions underneath.
To view this video in higher quality please click the gear icon and select 720pHD
- Open an Internet Explorer page
- Choose the "tools" dropdown menu – and on this menu click "internet options.." which will be at the bottom of the dropdown list
- Once the pop up window appears, the second tab on the top is called "security" , click that
- Then click on the symbol for Trusted sites in the panel (green circle with a tick it it)
- Then click the button "Sites..." – which will open up another new window
- Uncheck the box at the bottom which says "Require server verification (https://) …"
- Then into the "Add this website into the zone" box copy in the full compass address http://www.compasssearch.co.uk and click the "Add" button
- The COMPASS address will now drop into the larger of the two white windows and is registered as a trusted site
- Finally click Close, and then OK and you will be able to download appeals