There was 'absolutely no political judgement' involved in the government's decision to grant 17 councils permission for parts of their areas to be exempt from rules that make it easier to convert offices into homes, the planning minister has said.
A Surrey council must choose whether to withdraw its key core strategy planning document from the examination process or to attempt to rewrite the document to bring its housing targets in line with new national policy requirements.
- Macclesfield town centre regeneration scheme given green light
- Judge: village green laws compliant with human rights legislation
- Judge rejects Shropshire sequential test appeal
- Legal challenge over Sheffield hospital demolition plan
- RSPB planning chief receives MBE
- Scottish government rules on wind farms near Cairngorms National Park
- Report: most councils failing in traveller site provision
- Tesco Margate approved despite Portas concerns
- Arup appointed for 'fracking' assessments
- Review recommends strengthened Welsh enforcement powers
- Call for focus on collaboration
- University's planning and architecture faculty to be split up
- Local group eyes Chelsea Barracks planning powers
Two new planning documents aim to change the planning landscape north of the border, John Geoghegan writes. But do the revamped policies go far enough?
Want to know whether your local authority has published Community Infrastructure Levy proposals? Our new live table includes the latest details of councils' levy plans, including a breakdown of charges by development type.
davidmarlow, 10 June 2013
- Policy Forum for Wales
- Date: Mon 01 Jul 2013 - Mon 01 Jul 2013
- Venue: Cardiff
- Design Council
- Date: Tue 02 Jul 2013 - Tue 02 Jul 2013
- Venue: Design Council, Angel Building 407 St John Street London EC1V 4AB
Community Infrastructure Levy: Current progress and best practices on CIL implementation and management
- Historic Towns Forum
- Date: Wed 03 Jul 2013 - Wed 03 Jul 2013
- Venue: Addleshaw Goddard, London
More from PlanningResource
Design counsellor Proactive planning has a critical part to play in improving the quality of England's public realm, says the architect and planner asked by the government to review built environment policy.
Game changer The Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea is under threat from government plans to bypass slow-moving planning authorities. But its head of development management tells Susanna Millarthat it has turned the corner.
Out with the old, in with the new Bristol's first elected mayor has ambitious plans, including curbing the spread of supermarkets and reviving an axed arena project. But to do this, he tells Michael Donnelly, he needs a revamped city planning structure.
A man with a mission In his day job, the American Planning Association president must find room for 120,000 new homes in 20 years.
Property patron The British Property Federation chief tells Colin Marrs that planning is essential, but needs to be less burdensome on developers.
Quiet reformer The extent of the changes to Scotland's planning system may be as significant as those in England, but the country's planning minister is trying to avoid provocation in his dealings with the sector, reports John Geoghegan.
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
- Chairperson - HS2 Planning Forum HS2 A stipend of £700 a day will be payable, plus reasonable expenses, London SW1
- Senior Planning Consultant Preston Bennett Group Between £30,000 - £40,000 (depending on experience and MRTPI qualification/s), Greater London / NW London
- Planning Director Judd Farris Property Recruitment £70,000 - £90,000, North West
- Planning Policy Manager Kent County Council £49,121 with progression through Total Contribution Related Pay to £55,041 per annum, Invicta House, Maidstone
- Senior Planner - 6 month contract with potential for permanent role Osborne Richardson Competitive plus benefits, Kent
- Senior Planner - DC Major Applications Macdonald & Co £28.00 to £30.00 per hr Ltd Co, London
- Planning Policy Officer Matchtech £14 - £21 per hour, Hampshire
- Head of Development Management & Regeneration Nottingham City Council £57,288 - £66,762, Nottingham City
- Experienced Planner John Martin & Associates Competitive package, Northampton
- Team Leader - Planning Policy London Borough of Enfield £43,224 - £50,259 with up to 10% PRP depending on performance , Enfield, London
News from Windpower Offshore
News about renewable energy developments from one of our sister sites, www.windpoweroffshore.com.
Green light for Neart na Gaoithe onshore work
Mainstream Renewable Power has received planning consent for the onshore cable works for its...
Repower anticipates incremental development of its 6M turbine
Repower will stick with its 6M 6MW offshore turbine until the end of the...
RWE submits Atlantic Array planning application
RWE has submitted a planning application for its 1.2GW Atlantic Array project, following its...
GL Garrad Hassan publishes offshore wind O&M guide
GL Garrad Hassan has published a guide to operations and maintenance (O&M) in offshore...
Government help for English SMEs for offshore projects
A new government-supported service, Grow:Offshore Wind, has been launched. Its goal is to help...